We are depleting our resources too fast and going to lose fossil fuels in the coming years. Due to this, there has been a rapid surge in electric vehicle production. But with this, we can’t underestimate the increase in charging stations too.
There is a need to install charging stations at multiple locations now. Unfortunately, their numbers are not good enough to meet the demand of all. It’s even difficult to find a nearby EV charging station. This problem can be addressed with the help of an EV charging station finder app.
If you are planning to build one and know the process, here we are going to share everything about it.
What is an EV Charging Station Finder App?
An EV charging station finder app provides the best way to locate all the nearby charging stations. It also provides some more information like the supported plugs, real-time availability, photos, ratings, and more. You can also enable notifications to receive alerts when reaching closer to a nearby charging station.
Why is there a need for an EV charging station finder app?
Every day, a charging station is installed somewhere in the country. But, knowing the exact location can be annoying without the help of technology. Imagine your EV running out in the middle of the road, what would you do in such a case? There is no better solution than using a charging station finder app. Using that, you can connect to a nearby charging station.
Otherwise, it can be confusing and overwhelming to try and locate a single charging station that fits your needs. You want to find a convenient one, within walking distance of where you live or work, and most importantly, one that fits your budget. With all these factors in mind, you can realize the importance of an EV charging station finder app.
How does it work?
Each EV charging station app shares some common functions including the following:
- Users can register in the app using their phone number, email address, and password. Even logging in with your social media account is available there.
- Once registered in the app, the next thing you need to do is grant permission so that it can know your location and share the nearby station location.
- After providing permission access, you can start searching for your favorite station. Since then, you can make direct visits whenever you wish.
- You can check the net amount to pay for a one-time charge. Either you can pay this at the station or directly with the help of the app.
Skills Required to Build EV Station Finder App
Skills form the core part of your EV station finder app. Individuals or a mobile app development company in India must come equipped with these skills to build a perfect EV station charging app:
- Frontend: HTML, CSS, React Native, etc.
- Backend: Python, Node.js, Golang, Laravel
- Databases: MySQL, Redis,
- Cloud Services: Microsoft Azure, AWS, VULTR
- Payments: PayPal, Stripe, Instamojo
- Analytics: Big Data, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Location Tracking: Google Maps, Google API, Core location framework
- Servers: NGINX, Apache
- Push Notifications: Twillo, Firebase Cloud Messaging, Amazon SNS
Key Features to Include in your EV Station Finder App
To develop an EV station finder app that will really help your users, it’s important to keep some features in your mind that will make it stand out in the crowd.
- Login and User Profile: Make sure your app has a smooth login process for the users. Keep social media login options as well so users can find it convenient to use your app. In addition, there should be some features for modifying profile settings whenever they wish. For example, you can allow picture uploading of the stations, personal profile pictures, and more.
- Geolocation: This is a must to have feature so that users can access a route map to head toward their desired station. This way, they can also get the real-time availability of the station. Moreover, users can easily receive alerts when reaching close to their location.
- Station Details: With this feature, users can get data about the station they are visiting. They can figure out the features, rating, and many other details of that station like the pricing, station address, and its name as well.
- Filters: Having a filter in the app is important because it aids the users in meeting their desired needs.
- Slot booking: Slot booking is one of the most significant features because users can schedule their slot for charging to avoid queues and save time.
- Rating and Reviews: Not every station is going to provide an equal experience. So, users get the freedom to rate and share their experiences with a charging station. This benefits the owner to know the loopholes to fix and make the customer experience better. Additionally, new customers can get quick info on the station’s condition through reviews and ratings.
- Payment Options: When it comes to payment, it should be simplified as much as charging your EV. The presence of multi-payment options will offer comfort to the customer so focus on keeping it smooth.
- Bill History: Want to know the number of transactions you did in a month or the past few days? With the bill history option, you can know about all the previous transactions.
Cost to Develop an EV Charging Station Finder App
Developing an EV charging station app will need an investment of $10k to $60k. It can take around a week to complete such an app with basic functions. If you want advanced features, the app development time can extend to weeks and even a month. In case you have hired someone at an hourly rate, the cost of development can go pretty high.
Seeing the current scenario of the EV industry, the coming times for the EV station finder apps are highly bright. Thus, the demand for an iOS or Android development company in India will increase rapidly.
Be prepared to invest in this industry to get lucrative future benefits. For more details, you can connect to an Android or iOS app development company in Bangalore.